Goji Berry is a Superfood and is part of what I call, the Superfoods family. Don’t hesitate to have a look on my other article “Superfoods” if you don’t remember what a Superfood is.
Where does the Goji Berry come from:
The Goji Berries are native to Asia. A lot of people from Tibet, Mongolia, China, Vietnam, Japan, North & South Korea, have been using these berries in traditional cuisine for centuries. What is even more interesting is that they have also been using it for medicine, as to treat visual disorders and to help boost the immune system.
What are real benefits of eating the Goji Berries ?
Goji berries are a good source of vitamins and minerals. They contain:
- Vitamin C (boosts the immune system)
- Fibers (promotes movements trough your digestive system)
- Iron (important component of hemoglobin, the substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen from your lungs to transport it throughout your body)
- Vitamin A ( bone-friendly, boosts the immune system and acts as an antioxidant)
- Zinc (Zinc promotes growth and acts as a wound healing)
- Antioxidants (boosts your immune system, protects your heart, eyes, memory and mood)
Goji Berries are also awesome for:
- Boosting the immune system
- Helping maintain blood sugar levels
- Increasing testosterone.
Before adding Goji Berries to your diet:
You should be avoiding Goji Berries if..
- You have low blood sugar levels.
- You are using blood thinners.
- You have low or high blood pressure.
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You are allergic to Goji Berries.
Do not forget that these are in no way some “miracle” food, capable of saving us from diseases. The basis to a good health is simply to eat healthy and to exercise!
You enjoyed reading this article ? You have questions ? You found this article helpful ? Don’t hesitate to leave a message and to hit the like button !
See you soon for another article, your healthful blogger in sports.
1 reply ›