Seaweed is a Superfood and is part of what I call, the Superfoods family. Don’t hesitate to have a look on my other article “Superfoods” if you don’t remember what a Superfood is.
What Seaweed ?! Really ?
Yes ! You heard it right ! Seaweed may be horrible to see and to meet in the ocean or sea while you are swimming; but it has awesome nutrients properties ! It is also tasting really good, you should try it ! Even though some people might find it.. a little bit special ! ;P
What are real benefits of eating Seaweed ?
Seaweed are a good source of vitamins and minerals. They contain:
- Omega-3 fatty acids (which may prevent sudden heart attack and stroke)
- Vitamin K (play a role in blood clotting, bone metabolism, and regulating blood calcium levels)
- Calcium (which is bone-friendly)
- Magnesium (wait.. another bone-friendly ?!)
- Iron (important component of hemoglobin, the substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen from your lungs to transport it throughout your body)
- Potassium (helping to maintain consistent blood pressure)
- Iodine (important for cognitive function and maintaining a healthy skin)
- Zinc (boost the immune system, and preventing lower respiratory infections)
- Manganese (too many bone-friendly in Seaweed..)
Seaweed is also awesome for:
- The minerals it contains in the fight against diseases.
- Helping with blood pressure regulation.
- Boosting mood.
- Helping with thyroid regulation.
Do not forget that these are in no way some “miracle” food, capable of saving us from diseases. The basis to a good health is simply to eat healthy and to exercise!
You enjoyed reading this article ? You have questions ? You found this article helpful ? Don’t hesitate to leave a message and to hit the like button !
See you soon for another article, your healthful blogger in sports.
Wow so great that they have lots of advantages
Yes they have great benefits for our bodies !